Thanks to Sanjunaa for nominating me for the Liebster Award. And sorry for the delay in responding. It’s been a weird couple of weeks!
First off, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up 11 questions and ask them to your nominees.
- Notify your 11 nominees.
So now that we know the rules, here we go….
- Thanks again Sanjuna. I really appreciate that you thought of me and my little blog.
And here are 11 facts about me!
- I hate all varieties of blue cheese.
- I LOVE dark chocolate.
- I dropped out of school at 20 and didn’t graduate from college until I was almost 40.
- I’m the oldest child in my family.
- I really really really don’t like walking around with no shoes (going barefoot).
- I’ve never skydived.
- I believe that sunrises are better than sunsets.
- I once fractured multiple bones in my foot by falling UP the stairs.
- I’m on my fourth career:
- credit union loan officer
- university professor
- freelance writer
- I got married in my back yard and the police came to the reception three times because of noise complaints but nobody got in trouble (or got shot).
- Black Lives Matter
Here’s my answers to Sanujuna’s questions:
- is this Lockdown is happy or sad period for you?
- I don’t think that either word really describes by feelings. I’m frustrated and angry about the lack of governmental response at the national and state level. I’m also deeply troubled by how the virus (and protections like masks) have been politicized in the United States.
- what is your recently added hobby or skill?
- Before Covid, I had started a sculpting class that I really enjoyed. I never really thought of myself as an artist but I really liked working with clay. It’s on hold for now but I’m excited to get back to it eventually.
- What is the thing that excites you till today from your childhood?
- Going to new places.
- you have an option to time travel then what you do? Do you change anything?
- I think the thought of time travel is a romantic (and perhaps hopeful) thought BUT I believe that change must come from actions in the here and now.
- Do you had or have any pet?
- I had a dog growing up. We got her from the animal shelter when I was about three and she died during my first year of college.
- Have you changed anybody’s life at any point?
- I believe that as a teacher / mentor I did change lives. I hope so.
- What made you to become a blogger?
- I love to write and I was looking for a venue to try out some new and different stuff.
- unforgettable incident in your life?
- Arriving in Florence after waiting my whole life to visit Italy.
- your biggest inspiration and motivational personality?
- I don’t really look outside myself for inspiration but if forced to answer, I’d say Michelle Obama.
- Your fav book?
- This answer is mood dependent but The Lord of the Rings will always be in the top five. More recently I have loved The Underground Railroad, The Nightingale, Becoming, and A Man Called Ove.
- Your recent happiest memory?
- Getting a writing assignment after three months of no work.
And here’s my eleven nominees:
Samantha James at The Chronicles of History
Jiji at Life in Copenhagen
Lisa Coleman at Our Eyes Open
Cathy Birdsong Dutchak at Wander Essence
Victoria Stuart at Family Matters
Sammi Cox and her new venture Whispers and Echoes
And finally, here’s my eleven questions:
- Do you adhere to a writing schedule or do you write only when inspired?
- Where’s your favorite travel destination?
- Do you have a bucket list (as in a list of things that you want to accomplish before you die)?
- What’s been your favorite age so far in your life? Why?
- If you had to choose—would you rather have super-hot weather (average in the 90s+) or super-cold weather (average in the teens or below)?
- What’s your favorite thing about writing your blog?
- Do your friends and family read your blog regularly? (If it helps ease your embarrassment, I’ll admit that most of mine do NOT.)
- Sweet or salty?
- What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
- Would you rather ride an elephant or feed a baby chimp?
- Did you think about not participating in this award because you didn’t want to think up eleven questions (or answer eleven questions)?